This is the second in a series of web stories to update you on significant developments in the BC provincial election campaign.
On Wednesday, NDP Leader Adrian Dix released the NDP’s full election platform. The full platform can be seen here. Of particular interest to CUPE members are the following platform commitments:
- Increased investments in skills training and post-secondary education.
- Greater support for early childhood learning and licensed childcare.
- A $100 million increase to the K-12 sector to hire new teachers, teaching assistants [EAs], librarians, and counselors.
- The strengthening of Community Living BC by conducting an independent review and providing more funding for direct services.
- Expansion of home support and community care for seniors, people with disabilities and people with chronic and complex conditions.
The NDP platform also addresses a wide range of other important issues.
Want to help CUPE members stay informed? Interested in learning more about how you can help bring positive change to BC? Let our political action coordinator know at email@example.com and we can let you know about our volunteer phone bank opportunities, or connect you with your local NDP campaign.
Finally, don’t forget to share CUPE BC’s election video and website with your networks. You can do that directly from our website--www.youcandobetter.ca—or you can go to our Facebook page and share from there.