VANCOUVER— The Community Bargaining Association (CBA) has agreed to reconvene bargaining on December 10 in Vancouver. There will be no job action that week.
If an agreement is not reached rotating strike action will continue the week of December 17.
“We hope the employer brings a concrete offer to the table with a fair wage increase,” said CUPE bargaining committee member, Pat Taylor.
Rotating strike action is scheduled for this week.
Job action will take place Wednesday, November 28 at the following worksites in Vancouver.
• *VCHA- 520 West 6th Avenue
• Alan Cashmore Centre: 420-1669 East Broadway
• *Robert and Lily Family CHC: 1669 East Broadway
• Sunrise Building: 2750 East Hasting Street
• Vancouver Adult Mental Health Intake: 1555 Robson Street
• Youth Outreach Mental Health Team: 2005 44th East Avenue
• Cambie Older Adult Mental Health: 200 & 203 4088 Cambie Street
(*denotes CUPE worksite)
Workers in community health have been without a contract since March 31, 2012.
CUPE represents approximately 500 members in the CBA which has over 14,000 members, the majority of whom are represented by the BCGEU. Other Unions at the table are UFCW, HEU, HSA, and USWA.
For all bargaining updates and information on CUPE’s health sector in BC visit http://bcchs.cupe.ca/