VANCOUVER - CUPE 1004 and the Pacific National Exhibition have reached a tentative three-year agreement. The deal comes three days before the start of the annual fair. CUPE represents 3,400 fulltime, part time and Fair-time workers at the PNE.
The tentative agreement runs from Jan. 1, 2014 – Dec. 31, 2016 and includes:
- General wage increases of 4.5% over the three years of the agreement (0.5-2-2 respectively);
- Improvements to the employee benefits cost share;
- New language for standby pay provisions;
- Establishment of a training fund for forepersons;
- New parental/adoption/pregnancy leave provisions
See attached joint-press release here.